Re: Havasu floods?

Kent J Crispin (kent@k2.llnl.gov)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:53:57 -0700

On Tue, Aug 12, 1997 at 09:40:55AM -0700, Bob Hiltner wrote:
> I've searched the Web for more details on the recent flooding (Saturday?)
> of Havasu, but just one not-too-informative story so far. Anyone found
> any more info on it?
>
> I have a friend probably arriving there about today, and we'll be there in
> a few weeks, so just wondering what the story is.
>
> There was something on the news about "searching for a couple of rafts"
> too.

I also am curious about this, as well -- here in California I heard on the
radio this morning that they were airlifting people out of Havasu, and
that crews were going in to work on the water and sewage systems
damaged or destroyed during the floods. But that is really the only
information I have. Do you know more?

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com,kc@llnl.gov		the thief he kindly spoke...