Re: Red Tape

Benjamin Harding (blh@hydrosphere.com)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 12:41:23 +0000

On 18 Sep 97 at 10:06, Bryan Bates wrote:

> ...so I would suggest a redistribution in the number of
> visitors where more folks go during the Oct- April time
> period and less during the summer. In fact, I would support a
> modest reduction in numbers over all.

I tend to agree that overall use is too high, though my field
experience is old. I would support a reduction in body count.
Perhaps maximum trip size is the place to start.

I personally prefer to go in the off periods, but I have kids in
school (who I would like to introduce to the canyon) so I would
like to have a fair shot at other times as well.

Ben

-- Ben Harding              blh@hydrosphere.com --
--       Hydrosphere Resource Consultants       --
--       Hydrosphere Data Products              --
--       1002 Walnut, Suite 200                 --
--       Boulder CO 80302                       --
-- 303-443-7839 voice          303-442-0616 fax --
-- Publishing Natural Resources Data on CD ROM  --
--  Consultants in Natural Resources Planning   --