Re: repeats

Carl Anderson (carl@moab-canyonlands.com)
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 08:04:35 -0600

At 07:23 AM 10/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
>My perspective was, and is, that a call-in system and repeat users are a
>pure boon. It takes considerable practice and ability to put together a
>Grand trip, and life circumstances change beyond our ability to envision or
>predict. This would mean lots of wasted dates, if there were not people
>who could move on short notice. Repeat users aren't taking anything away
>from those of us with congealed lives; they make use of opportunities we
>don't. Other than envy, what's the problem?

Very well put. Repeat users are the ones that take up the 40% cancellation
and put private use at near 99% of the current allocation.

Most of the 9 private trips I've been on in GC have been cancellations with
the shortest notice being 2 weeks. Only 2 of these trips had the permitee
going through the entire waiting list process.

Carl Anderson