[KathrynKL@aol.com: Schedule of NCDNHC]

From: YJ Park (yjpark@aptld.org)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 05:40:29 PST

Dear Council,

We would like to remind that the date, Feb. 1st was set by ICANN
discretionary without any consultation with NCDNHC and
we do have our own schedule within our constituency.

According to the last election, we are supposed to carry out our
responsibilities until Feb. 20.

I do want you to consider this.

Regards,

YJ

This is the schedule you can refer to regarding our time frame.

> Non-commercial: Y.J. Park, Kathryn Kleiman, and Raul Echeberria off
> as of February 1, 2000 under resolution 99.100. Elections underway? When
> will they be completed (2/20/00?).

attached mail follows:

Louis and Andrew:
I wanted to share with you the schedule for elections that the Noncommercial
Domain Name Holders Constituency has developed. This schedule is designed to
accommodate NCDNHC's different deadlines in the upcoming month: revision of
our charter (needed for issues dealing with the Names Council representation,
among other issues), nominations, time to discuss issues with candidates
(difficult to do when nominations close on day x and elections start on x+1),
and time to hold the elections.

This schedule allows us to have our new Names Council reps in place by the
time the current term of the existing Names Council reps ends (Feb 20) and
prior to the Cairo meeting.

Input welcome!
Regards, Kathy Kleiman
>From Administrative Committee Meeting of the NCDNHC:

"2. Elections: The terms of the existing Names Council and Adcom Members
expire on February 20. We recomend the following schedule:
    CHARTER REVISION SUBGROUP WORK: Jan. 10-14
    CHARTER REVISION CONSTITUENCY COMMENT: Jan. 17-23
    CHARTER ACCEPTANCE: Jan. 24
    NOMINATIONS FOR NAMES COUNCIL/ADCOM OPEN: Jan. 24-31
    OPEN DISCUSSION OF/WITH CANDIDATES: Feb.1-7
    VOTE WEEK: Feb. 8-14
    ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS: Feb. 15
    TERM BEGINS: Feb. 20."

---