Re: FINAL DECISION - RESULTS

From: Dr. Nii Quaynor (quaynor@ghana.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 09:17:04 PST

> I was triying to build a consensus and you can colaborate too.
>
> The proposal 1 is not the original proposal from nobody.
> It is the combination of suggestions from Kathy, Vany, Milton, David and
> you, most of those had differents points of view in the begining.
>
> I apologies because David and you remained supporting your proposal
instead
> of offer a new redaction.

Raul,

Part of the problem IMO is that we did not allow the concepts to crystalize
before committing them to text and to make things more difficult, proposal 1
was modifed in mid stream on a fly and put to a vote against proposal 2
which was still at the concept stage. What is needed is:

1. the original concept of running mates in proposal 1 should be scrapped
(if not already)
2. it should be clear that 5 persons are elected; one from each region to
adcom. the top 3 are NC and the remaining 2 are adcom and also act as
alternates to the NC members.
3. it should also be clear that NC members *dont* vote as individuals but
vote as adcom desires (or we dont have a constituency; we have self serving
individuals and it will be bad)

[ any reasonable wording that is simple works for me]

Nii

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Kent@SONGBIRD.COM