(no subject)

From: Thierry AMOUSSOUGBO (amsiat@bow.intnet.bj)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 06:02:33 PST

A. Basic Information for Organization

1. What is the name of your Organization? : Réseau de Communication pour le
développement Humain Durable (RCDHD-Benin) Cotonou, Republic of BENIN POB
506 COTONOU

    2. Is the Organization a member of any other constituency in the Domain
        Name Supporting Organization of ICANN? NO

    3. What is the major domain name of the Organization? .bj

    4. Does the Organization have a website and if so, would you provide
        the URL?

        We will soon have web site at website at http://www.sdnpben.bj

B. Contact information for Representative of Organization

    1. What is your name and title with the Organization?

Thierry AMOUSSOUGBO, National Coordinator

    2. How can other representatives reach you? (email, telephone, fax
       appreciated)

       amsiat@bow.intnet.bj phone : 229-31-54-27

    3. How is it that you have come to represent the Organization in
       this Constituency? (Please furnish appropriate indication that the
       Organization has authorized your participation, for example, vote of
       membership, vote of directors, action by officer(s) or consensus of
       members.)

       I was selected by general consensus of the members of this
       organization.

    4. Are there other representatives from your Organization who will be
       participating in this Constituency? Is so, who is authorized to
vote on
       behalf of the Organization?

       At this time, no.

C. Purpose of Organization:
    1. What are the Organization's primary activities?

National Intranet Project, it major objectives is to
establish a national communication and information exchange network (an
Intranet) based on the Internet technology. In accordance with the
perspective of producers and users groups already identified, the system
will comprise the following 10 thematic groups : GH1 (Server G1) Research
and Education, GH2 (Server G2) Central Administration, GH3 (Server G3)
Environment ,and Rural Development , GH4 (Server G4) Private sectors,
Chamber of Commerce, GH5 (Server G5) UNS and International organisations,
GH6 (Server G6) NGO and development associations, GH7 (Server G7) Media,
Culture, Arts and Tourism, GH8 (Server G8) Official bodies of the Nation,
GH9 (Server G9) Health, social promotion, GH10 (Server G10) Project
Coordination Unit.

The intervention areas of the project are the following:

- information, sensitization, advocacy
- supply of equipment, computer and communications material
- capacity building for users and actors of the public and private sectors
and the civil society

2. What are the Organization's primary activities on the Internet?

       Same as above.

    3. Please furnish a statement of how the Organization's purposes and
       activities conform to the NCDNHC Constituency's goals and membership
       requirements. This should be a narrative statement which
       specifically describes the Organization's purposes and activities
       and may include references to charter or by-law provisions.

       RCDHD have been established the idea that the Internet can be used
       for country development without going through commercial entities.

       Our objectives as above is to develop a non commercial Intranet
       that would also resolve Benin future NIC domain names.

D. Type of Organization:
    Please furnish information regarding your Organization's legal status
    -- is it incorporated (if so, in what jurisdiction) or unincorporated?
    If incorporated, doe it have a not-for-profit or non-commercial status?

    RCDHD is unincorporated, and generates no revenue or income.

E. Size of Organization:
    The NCDNHC will have two subgroups: one for Large and the other for
    Small Organizations. Please indicate the category of membership or
    employee size. If the Organization has both members and employees,
    please answer both questions.

    1. Are you a membership organization? If so, does the Organization have
       under or over 1000 members? What type of individuals or entities
       are members of your Organization?

       No, we are not a membership organization.

    2. If you are a non-member organization, do you have under or over 200
       employees?

       No, we do not have over 200 employees.

F. Conflict of Interest

    Note: Conflict of Interest may or may not be a bar to joining the
    NCDNHC. The hope is that by circulating information about our views,
    backgrounds, and possible conflicts of interests, others in the NCDNHC
    will have a better idea how to interpret and weigh the ideas that we
    put forward.

    1. For the Organization:

    Please furnish a brief statement concerning any possible conflict
    between the goals of the Constituency and the Organization's purposes,
    functions or activities.

     At this point, I do not see any conflicts of interest between SDNP
    and the Constituency.

    Has the Organization been involved in Internet governance before? Does
    it have any developed positions that you would like others to know
    about? If so, please describe below or provide a URL.

     SDNP has never been involved in Internet governance.

    2. For the Representative:

    As individuals, many of us have been involved in Internet governance
    before. If you have any positions on Internet governance that you
    would like others to read about (taken on behalf of this Organization
    or others or as an individual), please feel free to tell us about them
    or drop a URL below.

      I have been involved in various conferenc on Internet Administration
in Africa
      Like AIG Conference in Cotonou

G. Is there anything else you would like to add?

    Not at this time.

H. To submit this membership form, you must send the above information to
    NCDNHC-Application@LYRIS.ISOC.ORG.

    In addition to being circulated on the NCDNHC list hosted by ISOC, this
    information will be made available on the NCDNHC website so that new
    organizations, as they join the Constituency can read and learn about
    existing members.

--
Thierry AMOUSSOUGBO
Amsiat@bow.intnet.bj