Re: ISOC Chapters and NC membership

From: Raul Echeberria (raul@inia.org.uy)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 08:51:13 PDT

At 08:22 11/05/00 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
>On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 10:11:12AM -0400, James Love wrote:
>> They should just create a constituency for individuals, so people
>> don't have to try to cram into groups where they don't fit. Also, I
>> don't see why so many people who are represented in the ccTLD or other
>> groups insist on voting here too, given their largely commercial
>> interests in ICANN issues.
>
>ccTLDs are largely non-commercial.

We are always discussing about the same points. Could we discuss about
famous marks, new gTLDs, etc.

The comments period for the WG-B report has ended.

There are a lot of work to get a good final result. Kathy has worked very
hard and i believe that she has done a very good job, but the theme is not
finished.

Regards,

III Taller sobre Tecnologias de Redes e Internet
para America Latina y el Caribe
WALC2000

10 al 15 de Julio de 2000
Ciudad de Mexico