[ncc-charter] Re: charter - question and some suggested new text

From: Adam Peake (ajp@glocom.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 02:23:33 PDT

    >Adam:
    >Thanks for getting things started, but your language leaves something to be
    >desired.
    >"Political activism" typically is an attempt to "influence governmental or
    >public policies," so you have drawn a distinction without a difference.

    Milton, thanks. I'm happy with your words. I think they reflect the
    feeling we had at the Yokohama meeting where this was discussed and
    previously on the list. You also give the applicant room to argue their
    case if they wish.

    Note - we have a couple of political parties with pending membership status
    - Malta Labour Party and VOV from Germany (and what happens re. Jamie if
    Nader gets elected :-) Info from the member list is:

    59. Malta Labour Party (PENDING)
    Jimmy Magro <jimmy.magro@mlp.org.mt>
    <http://www.mlp.org.mt>
    Wed, 31 May 2000
    EU

    60. Virtueller Orstverein der SPD (Arbeitskreis Sozialdemokratinnen und
    Sozialdemokraten im Internet) VOV
    (PENDING)
    Roland Dieterich <vorsitz@vov.de>
    <https://www.vov.de/>
    Wed, 31 May 2000
    EU

    Any other comments on Milton's words here. OK?

    Adam