Re: [ncc-charter] Charter revision

From: Milton Mueller (mueller@syr.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 18:45:35 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Kent Crispin" <kent@songbird.com>

    > > the constituency unified. We don't want to have to debate these issues
    on
    > > the list. So let's try to find some mutually acceptable compromise.
    >
    > If necessary, we can debate this stuff on the list. I don't want to be
    > held hostage to unanimity.

    If a group of four or five people is unable to work out an agreement in a
    working group, how do you think the constituency as a whole is going to
    agree on anything.

    Why don't you make an effort to find consensus? You have not even tried to
    alter your position once, from what it was six months ago. Why not try to
    honestly respond to and overcome the legitimate objections I am raising?

    It really isn't hard in a small group of this size to find common ground.
    That is, if one really wants to find a solution. If you do not want to find
    a solution, Kent, go back to the list and start a debate. You are very good
    at that.

    --MM