Re: PAB ELECTIONS UPDATE; proposal for MORE delays. :-{

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 01:20:16 PST

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Robert F. Connelly wrote:

> Dear Antony:

dear mr.connely

> I had asked whether Rick would post them on the web site. I asked all
> candidates to send them to Rick.

this was the way how you do things
you "ask" samthing and it not hapens

> I am not happy with your decision to delay the vote. It should start today.

what are the argiments this should be done
i found the arguments of mr.anony far more reasonable

> I believe Rick has a list sufficient for him to write to all members. By
> "list", I believe he has all the Email addresses and can send a heads up to
> all in advance of Rick then sending the ballot.

why not wait for the gtld-announce list
it is exactly that we need

> In my opinion, the other requests you have posted are not timely. It's
> time for you and me to release the reins and let new officers formulate
> their own programs, inquiries, straw votes.

mr.antony is not the sort of people who let the work undone
the new officers will have inaf time to do "their" work

> Why on earth would we reopen the "floor" to nominations? They ended four
> hours ago on the 5th. That is what you proposed and I agreed to. I
> expected to give Rick any new nominations today and ask him to dispatch the
> ballot.

becouse the nomminations are not complette
there is only one candidate "sugested" by you for the secretary and i
would to have a choice and
mybe room for another one or two aditional candiadtes for POC
representatives -becouse so a importend office
so in this light and the timing with the gtld-announce list i see no
problems why not to wait a vuew days more and use this time to rethink
the nominations and ad some aditional nominations to it

> Antony, you should not take any further actions as Chair -- other than to
> facilitate the election. You should not be giving any further directions
> to PAB from your position as Chair. You have me siding with Rick now.
> Your current actions are out of order. After the elections, you can
> present your ideas to the new officers.

maybe mr.bob you should not say the chairman what he should do

mr.antony is the official and trusted chairman until now and he trys the
best-he is not officialy a registrar

it is realy a importend situation and at this time the pab should not be
left without guaidance

it is easy to resign and to say "i have done my job"-as you by your self
have stated your job as secretary was not "really excited"
ok you was a voluntier and you have managed to become a registrar and you
may mean it for good when you write this cited leter to mr.antony but i
found mr.antony have done a great job and should doit until the transision
to the new set of officers is done

i am against to let the pab in a vacum and say "i am not inchargt for
anything more so what ever hapens is their fault"

> Let's have the election --- NOW.

> BobC

> Dec. 5 to Dec. 9 Nominations and debate [Unacceptable to BobC]
> Dec. 10 Letter sent to non-list members
> Dec. 11 to Dec. 18 Voting
> Dec. 19 Election results declared, new officers take office

i am in favour if the plan mr.antony hase worked out
becouse it hase resonable arguments and what counts at most it is not
"runing away from the battle" as you as a old GI would not be aloved to do
:-)

i hope you are not taking this notes personaly
it is my opinion one of many and as you try to propose things for the best
of the process i also propose the things for the best of the process

thanks
sascha