Re: PAB IMPORTANT: Straw Poll POC Composition

From: Stephane Guerry (sguerry@iddn.ch)
Date: Wed Dec 10 1997 - 04:57:04 PST

> 1. Should the PAB and POC become one organization, with the POC as the
> Executive Committee of PAB?
> [ ] Yes [X] No
> Comments:
>

> 2. If the PAB and POC are separate bodies, should the PAB reps on POC have
> a duty to report to PAB on POC proceedings, formal or informal, unless
> specifically requested not to do so by POC?
> [ ] Yes [X] No
> Comments:
>

> 5. If the PAB does elect POC members, should they be divided as follows?
> Should they be divided up at all? Consider if you think these are the
> groups that should have representation reserved to them, or if the
> definitions are too rigid, or too vague. Consider if you think that they
> might have too much or too little voting strength. Consider if you think
> that geographical distribution is a good thing.
>
> a. Operators and service providers - 3 representatives.
> [ ] Yes [X] No
> Comments: 2
>
> b. Business organizations other than operators and service providers - 2
> representatives
> [ ] Yes [ ] No
> Comments: 2 also....
>
> c. Consumers - 1
> [ ] Yes [ ] No
> Comments: 2 also....
To my opinion, ISPs, other business organizations and consumers are
all involved in this issues, should indeed be able to have their
voice heard in the same proportion...... my humble opinion.

> d. At large members distributed geographically:
> i. Americas - 1
> ii. Europe, Africa and the Middle East - 1
> iii. Asia-Pacific - 1
> [ ] Yes [ ] No
> Comments: hmm, strange distribution where Europe, Africa
and the Middle East are joined together but... well, why not...
But I won't vote on this one.

> 6. Should the POC continue to have the following members appointed to it
> by the following organizations?

The repartition as-is is fine by me.

> a. Two persons appointed by ISOC
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:
>
> b. Two persons appointed by IANA
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:
>
> c. Two persons appointed by IAB
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:
>
> d. Two persons appointed by CORE
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:
>
> e. One person appointed by INTA
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:
>
> f. One person appointed by WIPO (with non-voting status)
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:
>
> g. One person appointed by ITU (with non-voting status)
> [ ] Too many [ ] Too few
> Comments:

Thank you Antony

Stéphane GUERRY

Advisor Email sguerry@iddn.ch
INTERDEPOSIT http://www.iddn.org
10 route de l'Aéroport - CP 41 Tel : 41 (0)22 788 63 83
CH 1215 GENEVA 15 Fax : 41 (0)22 788 63 90
SWITZERLAND