PAB WIPO: Change of Responsibilities

From: Albert Tramposch (albert.tramposch@wipo.int)
Date: Tue Dec 16 1997 - 09:28:15 PST

To all interested parties concerning WIPO's involvement with Trademarks and Internet Domain Names:

I have been asked by the Director General of WIPO to undertake new responsibilities as Director of the
Industrial Property Law Division, which involves the development of international principles relating to
patent and trademark law, with immediate effect. Consequently, I will no longer be involved in matters
concerning the gTLD-MoU, POC or the ACPs.

WIPO has appointed Mr. Christopher Gibson, Senior Legal Officer, WIPO Arbitration and Mediation
Center, as a non-voting observer to POC. You may contact Mr. Gibson directly at
<christopher.gibson@wipo.int>.

I appreciate your keen interest in the gTLD-MoU and the ACPs, and I thank you for the help and
guidance that you have given to me, and to the POC, during these interesting and challenging discussions.

I also look forward to working with many of you in my new capacity.

Albert Tramposch
WIPO

(p.s. Because of this change, the next draft of the Substantive Guidelines will be delayed by at least a
week.)