Re: Who is who in PAB? (and who votes on bahalf of who?)

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 18:23:44 PST

Kent wrote

>> As I understand the current rules, where PAB membership is defined to
>> be an entity that has signed the MoU, and not the particular
>> individual behind the associated email address, you should be able to
>> vote as the PAB representative in each case.

Amadeu wrote

>I have not. As a matter of fact I just thought that this was a good way to
>start again the discussin of what "PAB membership" exactly means, and how
>handle conflicts.

I dont see PAB as having a membership. For me membership requires the
existence
of an organisation. PAB is not an organisation as it stands.

It is a group of participants appointed by gTLD-MoU signatories.
The MoU says the PAB exists to provide policy advice to POC.

In summary, the PAB in its present form is a supplier of services (policy
advice) to POC.

I suspect their needs to be some benefit to PABer's / gTLD-MoU signatories
to increase
participation.

Regards,
     Peter Mott