Re: WIPO delays, resubmitted to PAB and POC

From: Bob Helfant (bhelfant@globecomm.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 1997 - 15:37:46 PST

At 10:42 AM 12/28/97 +1300, Peter Mott wrote:

>I would like to see a mechanisim which limits opportunity for those with
>power and money from taking domains from small name holders who have
>possibly the same or greater right to its use.

The world has plenty of courts and lawyers and does not need a new
Registrar legal system. Registrars don't need to be judges or research
every domain that is registered for possible trademark conflicts. If there
are conflicts, the parties will work it out. It won't seem to be fair to
the small business, as litigation favors the party with the most money, but
they don't need more help from us to step on small businesses.

Bob Helfant