Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 13:35:27 PST

>> Making the PAB correspondence public would only allow "detractors" as you
>> call them, to read what we are talking about. It does not afford them
>> an opportunity to participate.

>it is better to give them a chance to read things and to see that the
>pab is not so a bad thing-it is maybe not so prefesional but it as also
>not a conspiracy club like they may think-(this is what it will come
>out when we folow your recomendations and remain closed and will also not
>give them the oportunity to participate becouse they dont want to join
>when not knowing whats going on there-it is more dificult to join a club
>when you dont knwo anything about it as when you knowing everything about
>it including they week sides :-)

I dont think we will encourage more people to join up by making the list
available to the public. It will demonstrate to them the high level of
confusion and lack of sense of purpose.

It may remove their conspiracy fears (if they are a real concern)but wont
in my view get more people on board.

But you highlight an important issue. We need a way of attracting more
participants. The way to do this is to find a way of promoting the MoU
so potential signatories can see the benefits of signing.

I dont think providing people with a way of popping into our world to see
if they like is they way to acheive this.

That's an old style club approach which most organisations have abandoned
in favour of a more professional marketing programme.

Thank you for contributing Sascha

regards

Peter Mott
2Day Internet Limited.