Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 19:29:09 PST

>What seems to be your embarrassment at the state of PAB is not without
>foundation. Still, when you say that you don't want people to see how
>confused and lacking of purpose we are, you are really just saying that you
>don't want people to see us as we are.

I am not embarrassed by the state or PAB, nor am I saying I dont want people
to see us as we are.

I am saying that making this known by way of publishing our correspondence
is not going to change how we are, or encourage others to participate.

So for theses reasons, why bother doing it?

>To my mind, this is a little like not wanting to go to the party because
>you got a bad haircut that day.

For me its more like advertising a party without any food and drinks. Who's
going to come along.

> Surely the only way to cure the problems
>of PAB is to change the way we are, not how we look.

I would agree here. But I dont see advertising how we look today as a
first step in this direction.

regards

Peter Mott
Chief Enthusiast
2Day Internet Limited.
gTLD-MoU Policy Oversight Committee observer