Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

From: Dave Crocker (dcrocker@brandenburg.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 1998 - 10:48:35 PST

At 08:58 AM 1/13/98 -0500, Bob Helfant wrote:
>You state that small groups discussing specific issues regarding a public
>trust can be secret and large groups discussing general issues should be
>open to the world and Sascha at least, agrees with you. Saying it does not
>make it true.

Bob, in the game of rhetoric, please note that your denying it does not
make it false, either.

I was suggesting a view. The purpose of these small groups is to get
certain kinds of work done. In my experience such work cannot be done in
fully open groups. That is the reason that established practise in most
public groups is to have a small group, which can operate in private, but
which is accountable to a public forum. That is the mode in which the gTLD
is structured and it matches most equivalent structures.

d/
Dave Crocker +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting fax: +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr. dcrocker@brandenburg.com
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA http://www.brandenburg.com