Re: PAB openes of the gtld/dns and internet governance process

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 10:48:36 PST

>and if the isoc/iana/poc/pab/core dont SPEACKS for the entyer internet
>-becouse it only speacks for "its members" than somebody else have to
>come up and to speack for the ENTYER internet

Sascha, the world is full of people who claim some god given right to
represent the needs of individuals and organisations completely
unknown to them.

Your comments are likely to be seen as inflamtory by new generations
of people who prefer to think and make decisions for themselves.

There may be some parts of the world still living in a time where
the majority of people prefer and assume others will think and act
for them.

But I can tell you in these parts such folk are mostly located
in retirement villages.

The more isoc/iana/poc/pab/core attempts to sell the idea that it
represents the needs of the public, the more damage it will do itself.

If it does not focus on the needs of its participants first, then
their commitment will decline, and they will wander off and do
other things.

Others will fail to join up and be a part of it.

This to me seems to be a tragedy.

regards

Peter Mott
Chief Enthusiast
2Day Internet Limited.
gTLD-MoU Policy Oversight Committee observer