Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Wed Jan 21 1998 - 18:11:09 PST

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Peter Mott wrote:

> I guess my view was not suffiently "cogent" :-)

not at all we have recognize it and should try to incorporate the
positive aspects of it :-)

there where interesting and useful point of view you offered
and in some degree i go with you

but the "good" thing overweigth the "bad" thing :-)
so the positive aspects of cooperation ,sharing information and
knowledge-specialy if it is limited :-) should be the principle of the
information society age and pab could be a good example for it :-)

> So where to from here?

i personaly would wait until some other news are comming in or even
some pab/core/poc members are adressing the isue of the gtld process
in the face of awaiting the legal nonbinding not final recomendation of
the white house-you see that they have at the moment really other big
problems to deal with-president clinton is again acused on sexual
relations with some white house intern worker and he ask her to lay about
this-so the media this mean he may be in some serious truble-so in this
situation he will not wory so much about the internet-what means that the
white house green paper is a recomendation but if not satisfide it would
be revuewed and this could last again in the main time we would
get some sugestions from the leading autorities on internet like
isoc and iana and would go alonge their recomendation-becouse i am shure
they would try to do the best for the wholle internet and all people not
only for "your company and your customers" :-)

so i would wait until they are back from the washington meeting and than
open the list "officialy" :-) (of course if the pab exists than :-)
or just continue with opening the working-list and starting to prepare
a open working pab home page wich would mean how to deal on the fly
with isues wich are discussed on the list and how to track them in
progress or bring to decisions on the web-and when our people are back
from washington dc fighting there for the "good thing"-of course the isue of
trademarks and many domains you have to register your trade mark is a
dificult one but i dont think we could go "back" to .com and than
we could show them that we where also busy preparing some hopefuly
helpful things for the process of gtld

> regards
>
> Peter Mott

thank you very much
for giving me the oportunity to express my views

mr.crispin what you would sugest ?

thanks
sascha