Re: PAB Whole Lotta Hooey Goin' On

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Thu Jan 29 1998 - 13:59:36 PST

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Sascha Ignjatovic writes:
> > the conclusion of antony is not realy encouraging :-)

(for dr.cerf-antony hase made a sharp analysis what could hapen and
              hase come up to the point where saic-loby may influance
              the outcome of the report.. etc and mr.maher was in
              similar understanding)

> Well, nothing is written in stone. Perhaps a PAB lobbying tour is in
> order. Many of us are in the U.S. and could go to D.C. if need
> be. Some help in organizing the lobbying might be needed.
>
> Perry

in my opinion is the "plan" of the working group if so as mr.antony hase
show them and mr.maher hase agree on it DIRECTLY contradictory what
the clinton administration anounced to want

in all the previous statements and in his speech "state of the union"
mr.clinton hase not make the impression that he is "in line with the
direction" the metzger-under the preasure? of/or some lobyyists want to
got

quayt the oposit

he wants the government out-see electronic commerce 5 year long no taxes
or the libelarisation of the world telecom and information market they
have got true the world trade organisation and the stated intent that
global cooperation is the importendst thing in this new development

the feeling i got from the "pre-report" situation is just the
oposite i have from the clinton in the matter of internet

not officers or old senators are making the american policy but the
president and vice president

the official statements of clinton/gore about internet dont have this
taste we get now from "magaziner report" there muss be something wrong

so if somebody is to be lobyed than president and vice president as a
garant for a fair and truly international system for the future
of such importend thing like global internet

i would recomend to try to find a direct-or near direct contact to the
vice president al gore -i know one of his closed assitants in the matter
of global computing i could provide this contact information if needed
(true him i got in contact with isoc and dr.cerf wich is the best
 thing it could hapen in my live :-) if there is a need he could provide
 closer contact to vice president al gore !)

dr.cerf is also a member of the

Presidential Advisory Committee on High Performance
Computing and Communications, Information Technology, and the
Next Generation Internet

and in this position he hase also some very good contacts or better say
a influance-he was the person who hase invented internet true the TCP/IP

if there should be a intervention in washington dc than dr.cerf may offer
valuable advice or even more he could be one of the person wich also hase
something to say when it comes to the internet as we know it even for
the president !! :-)

thank you all
sascha