Re: PAB New draft of the charter, and other stuff

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Sun Feb 01 1998 - 16:15:24 PST

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Patrik Faltstrom wrote:

> True that there have not been any discussion on the POC list at all about
> the green paper. I think all of us have had weekend, read the paper
> hundreds of times each one of us -- including the articles that have been
> in the press. I and Rob have been working with Leni on the round robin
> procedures, and Glenn was at my place in Stockholm tonight where we
> discussed the issues.

mr.patrik thank you for beeing the one who "talks" with us :-)

i have the complitely understanding that the poc people hase to sleep over
the green paper and to consult with each other and closed frends and with
the begining of the week some more activitiys could ocure

how is hier the "cooperation" going
it just will naturaly hapen or is there like at the military a kind of
"comand line" wich will come in place

i can imagine that the poc members are looking for them self at the matter
of GP and posible reaction to that but they are also not on the hghest
level of the "comand line" that means they would also be intereseted to
see whats the people from iana and isoc says

is there any "officialy" expectation and avaited statement of the isoc and
iana or are the things just in progress and some how something will come
out and would be spread

the status is this

there is a GP of the USG on the isue of the IDNS and now the paper is
2 days old would be studied and also comented on it from various sides

so who is the intimate frend of the people who caries the heavyest
burdeon like mr.postel/iana and mr.heath/isoc and who could pass over the
feeling this people hase at the moment and would sugest us how we should
feel :-)

one another way is to request mr.maher as the chairman and one person in
closed contact with isoc wich is for itsself closed to iana for a first
statement to the present situation and on this we could try to orientate
and try to go one with some work

probably mr.crispin could request mr.maher for a first statement-official
or unificial thats does not matter :-)

also some valuable comments/prophecies(of course with positive atitude-we
should try to look positive at live :-) from mr.antony are welcome :-)

> Patrik

and as always thank you and other poc members for continue your work on
techncial matters and i am shure that "our heavy weights" like isoc and
iana takes care on the internet and that something new is comming up
the cooperation between the internet and the "rest of the world"

some very interesting disucssion is going on at the internet enginering
task force list-the leading technical organisation of the internet about
the "interface" to politics and governments

will keep you up to date who are not on the list

thanks
sascha