Re: PAB be constructive.

From: Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 07:51:43 PST

Jim Dixon writes:
> The gTLD MOU has very serious, probably fatal, flaws.

I do not agree.

I think the MoU has powerful enemies, like NSI, and that no solution
that makes sense to the consumer is ever going to be accepted by
them. They want their monopoly, and they want it forever.

So far as I can tell (and I talk to a lot of people) the overwhelming
majority of the people who give a damn support us. The complainers
have difficulty complaining about what we propose to do, because it
makes far too much sense, so they bitch about our structure, which is
nearly irrelevant, but provides them with an excuse for attempting to
destroy us so that they can substitute their cherished and profitable
monopoly operations.

Now, Jim, you've signed that MoU. That means you support it. If you do
not support it, withdraw your signature, because it was a lie and made
simply so you could join this mailing list, and go away and let us
deal with the green paper business. If you *do* support it, start
pitching in and helping, instead of acting like a bull in a china
shop.

Perry