Re: PAB one vs. multiple registry administrations

From: Candace Johnson (cj@europeonline.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 00:29:15 PST

Dear Bob,

Even though we are a not-for-profit organization, I do agree that
registries should and can be either not-for-profit or for-profit. I
think the world is changing and there may not be such an emphasis on the
huge profits of before. Certainly this is why we all have become
registrars -- to not have one company take all the profit and to share
the responsibility.

I have really thought about it and I do not believe the USA Green Paper
or Mr. Magaziner is relevant to our plans at all.

We were all working hard to implement the new top-level domains and the
system and I see no reason in the world why we should not just do this
and do it on our original time schedule. i.e. March. Even, a restricted
service would be better than no service at all.

We should just show the United States that we have been working on this
initiative for a very long time, that we have done it according to all
of the correct procedures and that we will now do it. I happen to be an
American and I believe this is what the USA would do if the tables were
reversed.

So, I say, let us stop discussing and let us start implementing our
system as planned.

All the Best,

Candace Johnson
President