Re: Representation on PAB

From: Javier SOLA (jsola@aui.es)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 16:15:34 PST

Jim,

>EuroISPA will address the problems with the green paper.

I think that this is what we have to center our efforts on at this point.
We may disagree on some issues, but we need to present a common front to
the Green Paper. Even if the POC/PAB response to the GP is different from
the one EuroISPA presents, we can discuss what we both think should be a
common answer. We all see the GP as a menace to the independency of the
Internet, even if our ideas of what it should finally happen are different.
We need to fight it together.

As PAB rules are concerned, they are not static. Other people have come
into PAB, put motions through and passed them, changing the way in which
PAB operates. We are always open to constructive discusion and we have
mechanisms for it. Let us use them.

But let us first concentrate the discusion on the first point. The sooner
we have answer to the Green Paper ready, the less harm it will do to the
Internet.

Javier