PAB Re: Fwd: anti-CORE sentiment, Internet version

From: Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 18:14:59 PST

<snip>

>On the other hand Ira's personal consultation with many folk
>was masterful. I talked to a number of the individuals after their
>meeting with Ira - including people who I know have diametrically
>opposed views on the subject, and all came out with the impression
>that they were listened to and that their views would form part
>of Ira's ultimate recommendations.

Dear Geoff:

To read the GP without the conclusions is to believe that you/we have been
heard.    It's in the conclusions that it breaks down.

Living in Japan, as I do, I've seen the good side and the bad side of
consensus.  When the sides are not too far apart (or too intractable), the
result is most often good.

When the poles are too far apart, the result is a totally unacceptable
abortion.

No time for details today, but I've seen some tragic things done by the GOJ
which were clearly doomed from the beginning.

Regards,
BobC

P.S.  Also, you always must be alert to the hidden agenda.  I believe the USG's
hidden agenda is to keep the domain name system under the watchful eyes of the
CIA and FBI, by way of the CIA contractor SAIC.