Re: PAB Re: site security

From: Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 21:11:15 PST

At 11:40 AM 2/20/98 -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
<snip>

Dear CORE Members: This is the first of nine items from PAB that I am posting
to the CORE List.

>I've had contact with Best's operation and know that it is an extremely
>popular co-location facility, so CORE's choosing them seemed entirely
>reasonable to me.  That said, I've wondered whether the Best arrangement
>was adequate.  We've now seen that it certainly isn't adequate for
>preventing an attack by a competent and focused force.  We'll see how
>things turn out on the post hoc pursuit of the thief.

Dear Dave:

This case is so similar to one in which we at PSI-Japan were burglarized by one
of our own employees that it boggles the mind.

I wonder how we can truly protect ourselves from an inside job?

I guess with a full time security guard who logs everything in and out of the
building, we can maximize our security -- unless the thief is willing to murder
the guard.  :-{

Regards,
BobC