Re: PAB Re: Green Paper Response/YOU MUST ACT SOON!!

From: Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 18:39:58 PST

At 08:47 PM 2/22/98 -0500, Kevin J. Connolly wrote:
>Dear Colleagues:
>
>Marc Hurst wrote:
>
>> The only thing crazier than Alan's war mongering is his lack of
>> leadership
>> while the Excom continues to blow through CORE cash....
>
>which is entirely a red herring.  The entire gTLD-MoU process is in
>danger of coming to grief if we are distracted by the noise generated by
>
>detractors.
>
>The Green Paper is a political document.  The political animals involved
>
>in this process will look at the quantity of comments received rather
>than weighing the merits of the comments themselves.
>
>Put in your subject line something pithy that makes it clear whose side
>you're on.
>
>It's important to write to the Dept. of Commerce and copy your US
>Senators and Congressmen.  Each of us represents an organization which
>signed the gTLD-MoU.  There's nothing wrong in having many of the
>individual voters in your organization send those cards and letters out.

Dear PAB:

I've just completed a file with the names of the senators of all the states
where CORE members have offices. I'll send a copy to PAB members shortly.

Unfortunately, it does not include states where no CORE members have offices.

Let me think about that.

BTW, that information is available ton the Internet. I'll ask Ken Stubbs to
post the URL.

Regards,
BobC