Re: PAB The Multiple Monopoly Approach

From: Jim Dixon (jdd@vbc.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 15:20:01 PST

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Jim Dixon writes:
> > I am talking about what arguments will or will not succeed in Europe.
> > If you have significant experience in this area, please spell it out.
>
> Jim, the "Appeal to Authority" is an ancient logical fallacy. If you
> want people to agree with you, stating "I just know better" isn't
> going to fly. You have to explain why something is better.

This is an appeal to experience, not authority.

I have spent an inordinate amount of time over the last six months
talking to people in London and Brussels about this particular topic
in all of its guises. My advice: arguing for no-competition will
lose. Arguing that the Green Paper proposes multiple monopolies
will win.

Take the advice or not - it's your choice.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015