Re: PAB Shop charter 1st draft

From: Teddy Affan Purwadi (sekjen@apjii.or.id)
Date: Sat Feb 28 1998 - 19:13:17 PST

At 14:41 28/02/98 GMT, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>I'm feeling inspired. It is a lovely morning in the heartland, sunny,
>temperature much higher than normal -- those tulips are going to be
>unhappy when it snows again in a few weeks....

So romantic, please shared with me....

>Using the Arts as a base, here is a stab at a more popular domain.
>Minor changes are the purpose (A.1), very general; and a slightly higher
>number of DNS servers (B.2, C.2), since we would expect a higher hit
>rate, but not so high as to be burdensome to smaller enterprises.

Again, Its a good move, full support to kind of comment and discuss this
SDChapter 1st draft. I propose to you to handle SDChapter.

So, It should be similar chapter structure for other gTLDs.
Info -> IDChapter
Web ->WDChapter
Nom -> NDChapter
Rec -> RDChapter
Above, just to make simple abbr.
We are waiting for other chapters.

> [...]
> first-served basis, in compliance with the most recent revision
> of the Generic Top Level Domain Memorandum of Understanding
> (gTLD-MoU).
>
> 2. Each qualifying Second-Level Domain must have (or share) 3 or
> more topologically dispersed secondary zone servers, in
> addition to the primary master.
>
> 3. In any dispute as to the registration of a particular name, the
> registrar shall have no role or responsibility, other than to
> provide the contact information for all parties, and abide by
> the results of the appeals process. Appeals are taken by
> following the current process designated by the gTLD-MoU -- the
> Administrative Domain Name Challenge Panels.
>
> 4. Whenever it is determined, on its own initiative or acting in
> response to a petition from any person, that an error in
> Second-Level Domain registration has occurred -- including (but
> not limited to) ineligibility, change in qualification status,
> or failure of the SOA contact to respond promptly to queries --
> the designated registry manager shall revoke or transfer the
> registration:
>
> a) no sooner than 21 days after sending notification to the SOA
> specified contact;
>
> b) with appeal of administrative and factual issues to the
> gTLD-MoU established Council of Registrars (CORE);
>
> c) and final appeal of process issues to the gTLD-MoU
> established Policy Oversight Committee (POC).
>
> C. Registry Operation
>
> 1. The repository for the primary master zone server (the
> registry) shall be designated by the Council of Registrars
> (CORE), in compliance with the most recent revision of their
> Memorandum of Understanding (CORE-MoU), and with the
> concurrance of the Policy Oversight Committee (POC).
>
> 2. The registry must have (or share) 7 or more topologically
> dispersed secondary zone servers, in addition to the primary
> master.
>
> 3. The registry may seek reimbursement for each registration on an
> annualized non-profit cost-recovery basis, and in compliance
> with the CORE-MoU.
>
> 4. Whenever it is determined, on its own initiative or acting in
> response to a petition from any person, that a registry has
> failed to conform to any registry requirements or that another
> registry could provide a significantly better combination of
> costs and services, the Council of Registrars (CORE) may
> designate a change to another registry:
>
> a) no sooner than 49 days after sending notification to the SOA
> specified contact;
>
> b) with appeal of administrative and factual issues to the
> Policy Oversight Committee (POC);
>
> c) and final appeal of process issues to the authority
> designated by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) --
> currently the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) --
> or its successor.
>
>WSimpson@UMich.edu
> Key fingerprint = 17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26 DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32

Best Regards,
Teddy A. Purwadi
APJII, Secretary General
P:+62-21 526 8777