PAB Where in IANA is Carmen Sandiego?

From: Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim (rms46@geocities.com)
Date: Thu Apr 23 1998 - 06:15:17 PDT

Hello:

It has been a little bit quit, recently :-). I am just curious, if
there is someone with a better picture of IANA:

- it is said, that IANA is just an Uncle Sam's contract to the
  ISI-USC.
- according to IANA's IAHC's gTLD-MoU <http://www.gtld-mou.org>,
  IANA is in charge in maintaining the root, assuming that there
  exists only one holy root. Therefore, Klingon's and Ferengi's
  root are excluded, not mention other stargate/ galaxi's root
  and the eDNS.
- according to RFC1601 <ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1601.txt>,
  somehow, IETF's IAB is in charge to look after IANA, whereas
  the holy ISOC is on the top of everything.

Question:
- is this the complete story ?
- why does the Internet DNS Names Review Board (IDNB) -- a
  committee that supposed to be established by the IANA -- not
  exist ?

<soapbox>
[KING97]
"Those who study the long-term social and economic aspects of
 technical innovation will not be surprised if cyberspace is
 eventually subsumed under the umbrella of established
 infrastructure providers" [...] "Lost of novelty, at least as
 understood by the research and engineering community that gave
 rise to [the I* community], is a serious blow to [their] culture".
</soapbox>

Regards from Uncle SAMik,

--
Rahmat M.Samik-Ibrahim-VLSM-TJT http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6825
- 501(C)laude Levi-Strauss' Non-Profit Structuralism Jeans(m/tic) -