Re: PAB Humming: Who should reply the queries to "pab-submit"?

From: Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim (rms46@geocities.com)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 18:38:30 PDT

Hello:

Thank you very much for your email.

Kent Crispin wrote:

>> - is the pab obligated to reply every query ?
>> or is it just a courtesy ? why yes ? why not ?
> There is obviously no obligation to reply.

I am not happy with this idea as I am not happy with the same
attitude of IAB and IANA! Then, what is the point to have
<mailto:pab-submit@gtld-mou.org> ?

I would like to suggest (if technically possible), every email
to pab-submit will get an autoreply that says something like:

  "thank you for <blah blah blah>, <blah blah blah due recent
  spamings>, your email will be forwarded to the pab *AFTER*
  you reply this email stub <blah blah blah why>, the PAB will
  make the best effort to reply every email, however the PAB
  reserve to right for not replying your email,
  <blah blah blah, why>"

Obviously, it has to be as polite as possible.

> The query, for example, could be "How would you like to make
> a million dollars in your spare time?"

this will get filtered as PASS #1 above.

>> - who should reply, the pab or the pab individu ?
>> should a diclaimer be mandatory ?
>
> These would be matters for PAB to decide. No formal decisions have
> been made on these topics.

I would like to suggest we make about 10 - 20 "standard" points,
e.g.:
point #1: please visit <http://www.gtld-mou.org>,
          <http://www.pab.gtld-mou.org>, and read the gtld-mou at
          <http://www.gtld-mou.org/gTLD-MoU.html>
point #2: the FAQs are at <http://www.gtld-mou.org/docs/faq.html>
point #3: <blah blah blah>

tabe,

--
Rahmat M.Samik-Ibrahim-VLSM-TJT http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6825
- 501(C)laude Levi-Strauss' Non-Profit Structuralism Jeans(m/tic) -