Re: PAB report

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Tue May 19 1998 - 16:54:04 PDT

On Tue, 19 May 1998, Kent Crispin wrote:

> Folks, here's a long-overdue report on the state of things.
> I apologize for not being more verbal in the past two months.

dear mr.crispin

thank you very much for your excelent sum up and analysis of the status
and posible further developments

> With that in mind, therefore, I believe we should proceed with the
> adoption of the "Statement of Principles" as membership criteria, and
> with the POC plan for elections. Please comment on this -- I hope to
> circulate a formal announcement very soon

could you pelase elaborate or provide little more informations on this two
points

        ------------------------------------
> Vivian worked on a revamp of the PAB web pages. I have put her work
> on Songbird, and expanded upon it -- you can see the result at
>
> http://songbird.com/pab
>
> Please check this out -- it's not in the same league as Bob Shaw's
> revamp of the MoU web pages, but it's at least reasonably up-to-date.
>
> If this new format is acceptable to the membership I will propose that
> it be accepted as the official web site, and that the
> "www.pab.gtld-mou.org" domain name be pointed to it instead of the old
> one. Any comments?

i would sugest to have mr.shaws side as a good example

what we need on the pab side is a one vuew short sum up explanation what
pab is like mr shaw hase done in on the gtld side

   Developing a stable, open,
   international, competitive, and
   equitable administration of the
   Internet DNS

and also

The Generic Top Level Domain Memorandum of Understanding (gTLD-MoU) is the
international framework in which policies for the
administration and enhancement of the Internet's generic Domain
Name System (DNS) are developed and deployed.
These policies are developed in cooperation with
the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA),
who manages the root of the Domain Name System
(DNS) to promote stability and robustness. For