PAB [chrisc@NETSOL.COM: AN IFWP CONSENSUS-BASED PROPOSAL]

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 18:07:47 PDT

Very interesting...

-----Forwarded message from "Clough, Christopher" <chrisc@NETSOL.COM>-----
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 19:51:03 -0400
Sender: Owner-Domain-Policy <owner-domain-policy@internic.net>
From: "Clough, Christopher" <chrisc@NETSOL.COM>
Subject: AN IFWP CONSENSUS-BASED PROPOSAL
To: DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET

All IFWP Contributors and interested parties:

Based on recent discussion on the IFWP (and other)
public lists, it is clear that the IANA draft documents
do not adequately reflect the IFWP current consensus
as is noted in
 http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ifwp/post-geneva-consensus.html.

Instead, they disenfranchise other significant user and business
interests. This is unacceptable to the community, and we feel
compelled to present an alternative set of documents which
reflect the consensus being developed through the IFWP process.

As a result, we have assembled a set of consensus-based
provisions that define an organization that can be responsive
to users and reflects some of the realities of the growing influence
of the variety of stakeholders on the Internet. There is no pride of
authorship here. These drafts (Articles of Incorporation and By-laws)
reflect the IFWP consensus thoughts as best as we could
capture them. They also incorporate the best from other drafts.
We have attempted to describe a structure that reflects the
consensus that most of us heard at Reston and Geneva.

Please see http://198.41.3.10/policy/ifwp/ for major features of
these proposed drafts and links to Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.

Don Telage
Network Solutions

--
DOMAIN-POLICY administrivia should be sent to <listserv@lists.internic.net>