New IANA draft

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 17:52:40 PDT

IANA has published a rather comprehensive "discussion release" today,
which you will find at

        http://www.iana.org/description.html

There are four documents -- a message from Jon Postel, a FAQ, the
draft articles of incorporation, and the draft bylaws for the new
corporation.

This is really important stuff. I know you are all very busy, but as
representatives of signatories of the MoU you have already expressed a
more than common concern for the well-being and growth of the
Internet, and I hope you can take half an hour to read the documents.

If you are not interested in the legal material I still encourage you
to read Jon's statement. He concludes with a call for support --
personally, I am going to send an email to iana@iana.org giving my
support. I hope you all will do likewise.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...