Re: PAB endorsement of IANA proposals

From: Mark Measday (measday@josmarian.ch)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 15:53:36 PDT

> At 09:57 AM 8/25/98 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >I would like to send a PAB endorsement of the IANA drafts to IANA,
> >and to this end I would like to see some discussion. Are there any
> >serious objections to me doing so?

It might be appropriate to ask PAB and POC members who participated in
the IFWP process whether the IFWP will be presenting the output of its
process for public endorsement and integration into the IANA drafts in
the next few days, whether IFWP will be presenting a separate draft of
something or whether the IFWP was checkmated by its own popularity and
produces nothing.

Although it seems likely that many people would prefer the latter course
for simplicity'sake, it could appear unwise of PAB to reject the
inclusion process IFWP represented, at least partially, particularly if
the IFWP is able to demonstrate its derivation from the different
coloured government papers. A naive reading of the IANA draft does not
seem to indicate inclusion of the various points raised by IFWP,
doubtless my spectacles.

Mark Measday

UK tel/fax: 0044.181.747.9167/mobile 0044.370.947.420
France tel/fax: 0033.450.20.94.92/0033.450.20.94.93
Email: measday@josmarian.ch/measday@ibm.net
Web: http://www.josmarian.ch