PAB [Fwd: [ifwp] Boston compromise mtg]

From: Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 10:10:20 PDT

F¿YI.

Sometimes reason prevails. Needless to say, without the so-called closed
meeting, IFWP also cancels the so-called ratification meeting.

Time to give explicit support to IANA and its draft bylaws, and/or provide
them with specific amendments.

Amadeu

attached mail follows:

Because progress is being made in private and ongoing negotiations between
two critical (and previously most-at-odds) stakeholders--IANA and NSI--the
Berkman Center is canceling the white paper compromise & negotiation
meeting scheduled for next week, Sept. 11-13. The IFWP steering committee
(of which we're not a member) is currently discussing the status of the
proposed public meeting on Sept. 19 and is the source for any news on that.

We're mindful of the difficulties caused to potential participants by the
uncertainties of our meeting; there's been no easy way to nail things down
without getting ahead of the one-on-one talks taking place even now among
major stakeholders.

Charles Nesson, Larry Lessig, and Jonathan Zittrain
Berkman Center for Internet & Society
  at Harvard Law School

Tamar Frankel
Boston University