Re: PAB Domain Name Supporting Organization (DNSO)

From: Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Date: Sat Sep 26 1998 - 08:59:36 PDT

Dr Nii Quaynor wrote:

> I also read it and my concerns is Africa may not like to be lumped with Europe and Middle-East. We should follow either UN regions or IANA continental regions.
>
> Nii

Dear Nii,

Pleae bear in mind that thid is not a classification for participation within
the DNSO itself, but just a way of selcting membres of the Governing
Committee, and a way to make sure that sort of geographical compensation is
proivided there.

Indeed this is not *my* oreferred solution. Perhaps you might remember that
when we were discussin, some mothns ago, as imilar roposal for expanding POC,
I made clear that in my view Australia had more to share with UK or germany
than with Mongolia. And Candae with France than Honduras. What I mean is that,
given that "regular" seats were likely to be filled with "first world"
citizens, I preferred to make at least two of the three "geographcial" seats
reserved for, say non.OECD citizens.

But then again, we need to discuss this and many other issues, don't we?

Hope that Africa will be represented at barcelona. Thorugh TLD assocs,
commercial assocs or by other means..

Amadeu