PAB [Fwd: Happy Bisthday!!!!]

From: Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 15:08:16 PDT

FYI,

Thanks to all of your for your suport.

Amadeu

attached mail follows:

Hi all,

Exactly one year ago, we were in one of our busy, exciting days. In the early
morning, I sent through e-mail and fax the "final" CORE AoAs, after tos days
of intense work with the other already approved protoCORErs, David maher and
Andrea Mondini, a Swiss lawyer.

By mid morning, JohnG sent a template of our first Minutes. More or less at
the same time, Siegfried arrived to Barceona. We were to found CORE, and Swiss
law required at lea<st two "members" meeting face to face. Some hours later it
also arrived Pierre de Courcel form ETSI (as Bridget was in brasil and Roberto
was still not onboard in this project).

So at 14:000 GMT we started the meeting. Siegfried, Pierre, Jordi Aguila and
myself were at FCR premises. BobH, BobC, AlanH, JohnG, Leni, Trevor; Shaun;
Tang; Elliot and Sabine were also there represnting their companies. Kevin was
invited as an observer, as he had helped a lot with both the AoAs and the RFT
regarding the SRS. And finally there was Steve Fox, invited as an obersever on
behalf of DataCommunications Business Group (I wasn't abvle to find his e-mail today).

We followed John's scenario almost literally. Except for the election of the ExCom.

Well, CORE was born. Then most of you came onboard. And you already know the
rest of the story: Tokyo, Washington, The Green paper; Newport Beach, the
White Ppaer.....

CORE is one year old. It has not yet got its names in the root, but it's not a
bad birthday at all: we have finally the byalws, and the names of the inital
Board for the newIANA. Lots of delays, lots of problems, lots of battles
fought. But we are still in the good track.

Congratulations to all.

Amadeu