Re: PAB elections

From: Robert L. Ellis (rellis@e-a.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 15:28:39 PST

Kent, I agree with your analysis. As an original PAB member who attended
Geneva but who has done little else but monitor the mailing list since, I
move that the existing officers be re-elected by acclamation. The action
has clearly moved to the DNSO.

Regards,
- Bob Ellis

At 01:07 PM 12/1/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Believe it or not, a year has passed, and, according to the draft
>charter for PAB the term of office for the current officers is
>expiring. It is, therefore, my duty to call for elections.
>
>The circumstances, however, are rather uncertain. As I indicated in
>my email a couple of weeks ago, the current best guess is that the
>policy body that will deal with the gTLDs will be the DNSO -- neither
>PAB nor POC will be in the role they were originally designed for,
>but the DNSO as currently envisioned is borrows a great deal from PAB
>and POC.
>
>The world we see today is much different than we hoped for one year
>ago, and, indeed, in my pessimistic moments I sometimes think that
>the forces of darkness have prevailed. But in my more optimistic
>moments I think that some minor progress has been made, and that the
>DNSO is where we should now be expending our energies.
>
>But we are still left with the following question: is there any
>significant interest in holding an election?
>
>If so, then we will hold one, and I might even nominate myself for
>some office.
>
>If not, then I propose that we simply keep the PAB mailing list
>going, for a while at least, and see what happens. While there may
>not be the energy to maintain an organizational structure, there may
>still be some utility in maintaining a communications channel to
>those who support the principles of the gTLD-MoU.
>
>Comments?
>
>--
>Kent Crispin, PAB Chair "No reason to get excited",
>kent@songbird.com the thief he kindly spoke...
>PGP fingerprint: B1 8B 72 ED 55 21 5E 44 61 F4 58 0F 72 10 65 55
>http://songbird.com/kent/pgp_key.html

     Ellis & Aeschliman, Attorneys & Counsellors at Law
    33 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43215-3073
   614.221.2422 voice 221.5244 fax <http://www.e-a.com>http://www.e-a.com