Re: PAB Elections

Antony Van Couvering (avc@netnamesusa.com)
Mon, 01 Dec 1997 13:08:20 -0500

Bob,

The PAB is supposed to decide things by "rough consensus" -- that is
defined in the gTLD-MoU. We have decided that for certain things,
including elections and propositions where a consensus cannot be found by
other means, a vote is required.

I don't agree that we should vote on everything. It isn't rough consensus
-- which, if we don't like, we should lobby POC to change in the gTLD-MoU;
it is very slow, and it requires the kind of time on the list that many PAB
members don't have (you, for instance).

Your idea of having an abstain option on the votes that we do take is in my
opinion a good one.

Antony