PAB Re: ISPs as stakeholders

Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 21:06:41 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Dave Crocker / IMC wrote:

> My recollection is that we wanted a venue that had a clearly
> international/global flavor to it. The US was rejected because of the
> current politics surrounding US "dominance" of the net and our desire to
> signal that this is global, not US. When looking for such a "global"
> venue, Switzerland is an obvious choice and no other country is nearly so
> easy to suggest.

mr.dixon hase place him self as the internet autority without a deep
understanding about such basic things like globalisation of the internet

it was a strategic importend move to geneva where many international
organisations especialy ITU is locaited

one who dont understand why it is importend to involve such international
organisations like itu wipo inta etc in the process of internet
globalisation at least for strategic reason what to speack of basic human
and socialy reasons-every one should have use and benefit of internet
not only the isp and their customers but the wholle society and all
organisations should not speack so laud and making him self such
"importend" and "authority" he may place his concerns and his doubts
but he can not "speack for all as the only right vuew to this matter"
around

to reach this goal of planetary covered internet we need involvment and
cooperation of large international organisations-the united nations may
prive one day very useful instrument when it comes to the point of
involvment of governments in the process and policy of interent !!

would mr.dixon sugest to exclude other organisations from the internet ?

> >> the hi-tech Global Society. I think that it was chosen for centuries-
> >> old reasons.
> >
> >Yes, a long-term perception as a neutral and fairly apolitical (at least
> >internationally) place. That's one reason there are hundreds of
> >intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations based here.

at least www was born in geneva and if it was good for that it should be
also good for core :-)

practicayl we have all importend internet infrastructure organisations in
america and now it is time to decentralize the internet management
infrastructure a bit

the core does not operate from geneva it is only juridicaly locaited
there

> exactly.
>
> d/

sascha:-)

ps.mr.dixon the main point hier is you have no much visions regarding the
global internet the only thing you do is to critisize
"it is not open" "there are not all internet users there"
"we should sue the core"

samthing of them may be true but you have no other sugestions or
options to offer and what to speack your strategie to cover the
earth with the internet was not yet maded public-how you would do
it:-)

you can only change things from whithin and as you have seein your
arguments hase not realy impress us very much

so try again but this time with some more diplomatic sense :-)
and of course better arguments :-)

sory for this jockes and direct words you are profesional inaf not to
mind on it very much i just hope and try to help as good i can in my
insignificancy