Re: Sample letter to PAB Members

Amadeu Abril i Abril (pab@fcr.es)
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 01:57:50 +0200

Antony Van Couvering wrote:

> Dear PAB Members,
>
> Here is the text of the letter I would like to send out via "pab-announce"
> as soon as Robert Shaw is able to make this functional, promised for
> Wednesday Dec. 10. The idea here is to allow all PAB members to vote, and
> to give them some information on the candidates. This will ensure that the
> new Chair and other officers enjoy full legitimacy.
>
> This letter refers members to a very simple, and, I hope, objective and
> non-biased web site. I would appreciate your comments on it.
>
> I have sent mail to those candidates who have not made election statements
> to encourage them to do so.
>
> Antony
>
> *********** Sample Letter Follows *******************
>
> Dear PAB Members,
>
> We have an election for new officers coming up. Even though some of you
> have unsubscribed from the PAB list, I urge you to participate in the
> upcoming voting.
>
> You will find a web site with a voting schedule, the list of candidates,
> statements by candidates, and an explanation of the voting procedure at
> http://www.netnamesusa.com/pabelections/

This should be at pab.gtld-mou.org, but if this way is faster....

BTW, I suggest that you explain in the mail how voting will work. At list I
would like the following items included.

* Posts to be filled with the related nominees.
* Where to find their bios/statemnts (already included in your mail)
* Schedule for voting
* How many calls for votes will be issued, and when.
* How to vote (replying to a call for votes; later votes overrule prevous;
votes will be made public)

This is a mail directed to people that apparently don't have the time ,
energy, or willingness to foloow the list regularly. So let's spare them still
some extra time ;-)

Amadeu