Re: PAB Content vs. Process

Rick H. Wesson (wessorh@ar.com)
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:38:34 -0800 (PST)

Dave,

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Dave Crocker / IMC wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Is it fair and reasonable?

Yes it seems resonable, less the part about how we are to make nominations
and vote.

> Is it likely to accomplish its goals? (By the way, is everyone clear
> what those goals are?)

if its goals are to populate the POC with more advisors that represent
a greater public and industry intrest. this is a good thing (tm)

> Is it acceptably simple to understand and administer?

ummm, understand yes, administer ?!?

> How does it compare to other proposals, such as the one that Robert
> Shearing <http://www.gtld-mou.org/notice-97-01/0009.html>?

Shearing would rather not have the folks that put the origional
IAHC and POC togher vote. is this a good thing, not IMO. I kinda
like how IANA has run the name space so i would like to see them
keep their voting seats on POC.

-rick