Re: PAB Content vs. Process

Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:56:33 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Dave Crocker / IMC wrote:

> 2. Those named by IANA do not "represent" IANA. They are given no
> direction from IANA and to not consult with IANA for approval of the
> participant's positions within the POC. In fact, communication between
> those named by IANA and IANA are pretty minimal.

mr.crocker what is the "philosophy" behind this system ?
i mean what is the "background" and right understanding for such
arangements or what is the "benefit" of it

> Hence I think that Rick's beliefs and opinions in this are similar to those
> held by many others but, in fact, they do not apply to the current topic.

so what is the diference between a nonvoting member and a (two) voting
members

why isp's should have 2 voting members and iana should have one voting
member?

if iana hase a way to ashure the "right" direction in benefit for all
i have no problem with having iana have one/two voting/nonvoting seet/s
on poc

for me iana represents the "good old man" making shure that everything
runs properly in the right direction

now samthing "new" should come so we need a little more explanation on
this "new" thing

would you like to give as more explanation of it

> d/
> Dave Crocker dcrocker@imc.org
> Internet Mail Consortium +1 408 246 8253
> 675 Spruce Dr. fax: +1 408 249 6205
> Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA info@imc.org , http://www.imc.org

thanks
sascha