PAB Albert Tramposch leaving POC

Robert Shaw (robert.shaw@itu.int)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:48:58 +0100

Forwarded on...

Robert

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:42:07 +0100
To: CORE@core.gtld-mou.org
From: Albert Tramposch <albert.tramposch@wipo.int> (by way of Ivan Pope)
Subject: WIPO: Change of Responsibilities
Cc: pab@gtld-mou.org

To all interested parties concerning WIPO's involvement with Trademarks and
Internet Domain Names:

I have been asked by the Director General of WIPO to undertake new
responsibilities as Director of the
Industrial Property Law Division, which involves the development of
international principles relating to
patent and trademark law, with immediate effect. Consequently, I will no
longer be involved in matters
concerning the gTLD-MoU, POC or the ACPs.

WIPO has appointed Mr. Christopher Gibson, Senior Legal Officer, WIPO
Arbitration and Mediation
Center, as a non-voting observer to POC. You may contact Mr. Gibson
directly at
<christopher.gibson@wipo.int>.

I appreciate your keen interest in the gTLD-MoU and the ACPs, and I thank
you for the help and
guidance that you have given to me, and to the POC, during these
interesting and challenging discussions.

I also look forward to working with many of you in my new capacity.

Albert Tramposch
WIPO

(p.s. Because of this change, the next draft of the Substantive Guidelines
will be delayed by at least a
week.)

--
Robert Shaw <robert.shaw@itu.int>
Advisor, Global Information Infrastructure