Re: The opening up of .com (WAS: PAB [Fwd: Ira speaks....])

Dave Crocker (dcrocker@brandenburg.com)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 21:49:47 -0800

At 05:51 PM 1/16/98 +0000, Jim Dixon wrote:
>> 2. The .com, .net and .org TLDs will be opened up for competitive
>> Registrars to manage, including NSI/WorldNIC as well as the CORE members
>> and database manager.
>
>This would also be wonderful for all concerned - except perhaps
>NSI - especially if the requirements for becoming a CORE registrar
>were relaxed.

NSI gets to control the data base AND be a registrar? Interesting conflict
of interest this establishes. I can't imagine how anyone would think that
this is bad for NSI (or good for anyone else.)

d/
Dave Crocker +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting fax: +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr. dcrocker@brandenburg.com
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA http://www.brandenburg.com