Re: PAB Removal of signature from gTLD-MoU

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 07:15:10 -0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 1998 at 09:23:17AM +1300, Peter Mott wrote:
> After careful consideration I regret to advise 2Day Internet Limited has
> decided to remove its name from the gTLD Memorandum of Understanding.
>
> Whilst never fully in agreement with the MoU or the manner in which the
> organisation was and continues to function, we signed on the basis that it
> was better to agree to work together with others than to stand on the
> sidelines and criticize things we did not agree with.
>
> Being a participant in the gTLD-MoU organisation has enabled us to further
> clarify our own views and understand where others are coming from.
>
> We now consider the approach of the gTLD-MoU organisation to be sufficiently
> at variance with our own to warrant directing our enthusiasm elsewhere.
>
> As a consequence of the decision of my company, I offer my resignation from
> the policy advisory body and role as an observer of the policy oversight
> committee.
>
> I wish you all well for the future and thank you for the time you have taken
> to share your views with ours.

I wish to thank Peter for his participation, and I am truly saddened
by his departure. He and I have frequently disagreed about one thing
or another, but he has always been an honorable and courteous
opponent, and I really have valued that. I have also valued his very
dry wit - a bit of humor goes a long way, these days.

On behalf of PAB, and on behalf of myself, I wish him well.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...