Re: PAB be constructive.

Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Thu, 05 Feb 1998 13:56:23 -0500

Damn, Jim makes it impossible for me not to reply this one last time.

Jim Dixon writes:
> > What religious sentiment?
>
> "Agree with us or leave": that is a reasonable restatement of what
> you said several emails back,

No Jim. The thing I've said is, to summarize, "quit being a disruptive
!@#% or leave". Lots of people here have disagreements, but we
generally attempt to remain civil about them. You've run in like a
bull in a china shop and proclaimed that unless we follow you,
we're all doomed. I have no trouble with the posting of specific
suggestions about fixing the MoU. Quite to the contrary -- from the
beginning, the MoU has been a flexible document and has incorporated
numerous changes. I'm happy to hear constructive suggestions.

My problem was with you coming in, saying "the MoU is dead, quit
talking about rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic, oh, and by
the way, give me 90 votes so I can personally control the PAB." I
realize that you don't see why this is not reasonable behavior, but
the rest of us haven't thought of it that way.

What, honestly, did you expect? Worship?

> You aren't going to get to run the gTLDs. The US government has
> intervened and the matter is entirely out of your hands.

We will see. For now, please leave us alone to get our work done.

Perry