Re: Motion to accept Re: PAB charter

Jim Dixon (jdd@vbc.net)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 07:36:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Antony Van Couvering wrote:

> I'm with you here. You just can't win, can you? Imagine if we'd let ISOC
> have a block of votes, one for each chapter.
>
> I think Jim Dixon would have been leading the howls.

No, I would support it, if what you are suggesting is that each ISOC
chapter should have a vote and be free to designate any representative
that they wish.

This is in fact the current system; I counted about a dozen ISOC
chapters signing the MOU in addition to the main organization.

The difference is that in my preferred system a single person could
be appointed the representative of many ISOC chapters.

Also, of course, chapters would have to be real associations, not
just single individuals.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015