Re: PAB EuroISPA reply to USG green paper

Jim Dixon (jdd@vbc.net)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:17:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Kent Crispin wrote:

> > A draft of EuroISPA's reply to the USG green paper can be seen at
> >
> > http://www.euroispa.org/papers/dns1.html
> >
> > This is incomplete at this time. We hope to complete the document and
> > submit it as the first draft of our reply by the end of day on Wednesday
> > 11 February.

This has been delayed at least a week.

> Also, I understand that the document isn't complete, but remember
> that Magaziner, and potentially congressional staffers who will be
> reading the document, won't necessarily know what EuroISPA is. A
> little puffery on that is in order, I think.

Added.

> Finally, Magaziner plays hardball. The document will, I hope, show
> a little more fangs and claws when it is done.

Did you have anything specific in mind? There will probably be an
appendix that goes throught the Green Paper section by section,
with detailed objections to, for example, the perpetuation of the NSI
monopoly.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015